Norfolk In-care Council (NICC) ©2019 Norfolk County Council

The advocacy service

Sometimes it can be very difficult to make a complaint or even say that you want things to change. The government understands this and wants to support you. That's why there is a new law that says social services must give you information about something called advocacy and help you find an advocate if you want one.

Advocacy is about support from someone else, normally an adult quite separate from social services, who can help you speak up so that your views are heard, your rights are met and your problems sorted out.

'To chat in confidence about getting an independent advocate call: Freephone 0800 9177425'

Taken from the get sorted leaflet

To see the whole leaflet and find out more about the advocacy service please click here