Norfolk In-care Council (NICC) ©2019 Norfolk County Council

Further education

Once you have completed your "compulsory" education and left school, as a Looked After young person you can still think about going on to further education or to some sort of training, or eventually on to university if that is what your ambition is!

This will be covered in your needs assessment and your pathway plan. The government wants to see young people who leave care able to do much better in their education and training than in the past, so your Social Worker and your Young Person's Adviser will help you to identify what options are open to you and will encourage and support you to think about achieving the best you can.