Norfolk In-care Council (NICC) ©2019 Norfolk County Council

How do I get one?

You can ask if you can have an Independent Visitor (IV) if you are looked after by Children's Services in a children's home or in a foster home, and don't see much of your own parents. Your Social worker or carer may have already spoken to you about having an IV and it can be looked into before your next review.

If it is agreed that an IV is a good idea, then your name will be passed on to the Independent Visitor Scheme and a scheme worker will come and meet you to talk about what you would like from an IV. Then there may be a wait while we try and find someone to suit you, but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

Contact us

NCH Norfolk Independent Visitors Scheme
Breckland Business Centre
St Withburga Lane
NR19 1FD
Tel: 01362 697537 (answer phone available)