Norfolk In-care Council (NICC) ©2019 Norfolk County Council

What is it?

Residential care is the namegiven to when you are living in a community home. These used to be called Children's homes.

If you are going to a community home, ask your social worker, or those caring for you, about the home. You can usually visit the home before you go and live there. At this visit, your social worker and a residential worker will sit down with you to sort out,

  • What you want
  • What is available for you
  • Whats expected of you
  • What you can expect of the staff
  • Agree a plan for the future