The In Care Council
The Norfolk In Care Council (NICC) has been running for almost four years. During that time it has developed from a small group of five care experienced young people who worked on consultations they were sent to being a large group of more than ninety children and young people who work in partnership with Children's Services to look at and support development and improvement of the corporate parenting service.
They also link with other relevant services who have responsibilities towards looked after children and care leavers, for example, CAMHS, health and education.
Aims and objectives
The key aims of the NICC are:
- To look at the services provided for looked after children and care leavers.
- To make sure the voice of looked after children and care leavers is heard and considered in all areas that affect their lives including service changes, developments and evaluations.
- To work in partnership with Children's Services management and front line staff to ensure that every looked after child and care leaver gets the best possible service.
- To promote and improve the image of children in care and care leavers.
- Making sure that private companies that work with children and young people in care are aware of the issues and needs of looked after children.